GPS Fishing Guides for Garmin
It's easy to update your MicroSD card!
Follow these simple directions:
First, take a look at how your MicroSD card is organized. This will help you understand how the product is stored and how to access its files with your computer.
Place the product MicroSD card in your Garmin and connect the Garmin to your computer with a USB cable. If you do not have a USB cable, you can purchase one from most stores that sell Garmin GPS Devices.
Open Windows Explorer or the file browser of your choice. Your MicroSD card will be assigned a drive letter and be identified by its serial number.
Open the MicroSd card and you'll see a GARMIN folder
Open the GARMIN folder and you'll see a POI folder
Open the POI folder. This is where you find the GPS Fishing Guide files.
Each GPS Fishing Guide is built with two files that work together. For all updates, we'll be replacing the file with the extension ".gpi".
Warning - Never change or remove the file with the extension ".UNL" from your MicroSD card. This file is the KEY that unlocks the GPS Fishing Guide for use on your specific MicroSD card. You may wish to copy this file to your computer as a backup before proceeding.
We're now ready to update your
GPS Fishing Guide
Please read through the Step-by-Step directions below before you begin to download the update.
- 1. Click the download link below for the product you wish to update
- 2. Choose "SAVE" or "SAVE AS" when prompted by your computer. Your computer should then ask you where you want to save the file.
- 3. Browse to the MicroSD card as we did above and specify that you want to save it to the MicroSD card's Garmin/POI folder where the current product files are stored and choose "Save".
- 4. Your computer should tell you that the file already exists and ask you if you want to replace it.
- 5. Choose "Yes"
- 6. Your update will now begin to download. This may take several minutes to complete depending on the product chosen and your internet connection speed so be patient. Be sure to allow the download to finish completely by following the progress indicators on you computer.
- 7. Once the download is complete, disconnect your Garmin. You are now ready for the 2013 fishing season.
Download your UPDATE now!
- Download the GPS Fishing Guide to Pennsylvania UPDATE ver. 1/16/2013
- Download the GPS Fishing Guide to New Jersey UPDATE ver. 1/16/2013
For additional support, please call 215-491-4223